So far I read that
- Matara Wimalananda Thero of the Sri Bodhirajaaramaya Pirivena at Thambiligala at Nawalapitiya has been shot dead and that a Police curfew has been imposed in Gampola and Nawalapitiya
- Rumours to the effect that the Election Commissioner, Dayananda Dissanayake has been detained.
- That Mangala Samaraweera and Prebath Jayasekara of Matara, are being held under house arrest
- Supposedly an unidentified group had shot at UNP Parliamentarian for Kurunegala Akila Viraj Kariyawasam this morning
- Sarath Fonseka is appealing for people to come to Lake House
I want peace and prosperity for Sri Lanka, for all of us, I hope for good governance by people with principles, with compassion and integrity, I hope for a better tomorrow...
Of more immediate importance is that as a result of a donation by someone who's not even a Sri Lankan"...will pay for about 37 capillary dialyzers and 37 patients out of the sixty patients due tomorrow - travelling from all corners of the country - for dialysis at the Kandy Nephro Unit - will not be turned away"
Just when I lose my faith in the inherent goodness of people, I'm reminded that there are truly generous, good people out there, who in their own little way, can and do make a difference