Monday, December 17, 2007

From the darkness to the light

Looking through the viewfinder, it suddenly struck me how singularly reflective this image was. The light at the end of the tunnel is often considered to convey a sense of hope and yet, there are contexts within which it can convey something else altogether. A point which was driven in as I stood at the entrance of the passage on Goree Island, leading towards the gates of no return - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sigmadelta/1413300405/in/set-72157594522046546/ -


Here the light was not to inspire hope, rather to lead into despair and a life time of servitude



This image though speaks to me differently. It conveys to me present and future, current and the promise of what tomorrow could bring. The ever moving waves, the constant change in my life, the lit path, where my steps take me out into the unknown and the promise of light and color in the future.....

No comments:

Post a Comment