Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bravo!!!

Stand up Mr Chilcot and take a bow sir, for voicing what most of us think!!!

Mr Chilcot, is Britons envoy to Sri Lanka. And the gentleman recently delivered an address at which he stated that Sri Lankan Parliamentarians could be bought

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullstory.php?newsID=57926473&no_view=1&SEARCH_TERM=33

Now what he said is in reality something that most of us already think and an opinion I shared too till I was corrected and in a manner which left no doubt that I had been misguided in my opinion. Sri Lankan Parliamentarian's cannot be bought. That's a fact, and I want to make it clear that this is my stand.

Sadly the truth is that they can be rented. Retained if you wish until the next round of talks come about, until someone offers more perks, be in a position, financial benefits, whatever. The so called elected members of our government are corrupt, unprincipled and in no way qualified to hold the positions that they do.

That is the state our nation is in

No comments:

Post a Comment