Tuesday, January 8, 2008

In time to come

The pessimist in me thinks that in time to come I will look back upon these last 5 weeks as a time when I was the happiest I have been in a long time.

There was always a risk, nothing ventured, nothing gained eh? But no regrets. Its said that unless you know what happiness is, you will not know what sadness is, that to laugh you must have cried - the yin and yang of life, no singular state and one cannot be without the existence of the other.


I am pensive.

Life is about risks, and unless you take some, you can never really live. Risks in business, in ones profession, relationships, sports; heck, darn near everything carries an element of risk to it. I risked it all once, and perhaps in hindsight I may not have lost, but I did ensure that I would never quite expose myself as I did that day. Certainly that strategy worked, for it was that very fact that later saw me through some of the darkest days of my life so far.

But then.... I chose to risk it all again, and I wonder how that is going to turn out. No regrets whatever the outcome; that at least I have learnt, there must not be regrets, whats done is done and the courage I have to walk this path that I have chosen...


In Life, Hope, Wish and Desire I believe...

No comments:

Post a Comment