Sunday, September 2, 2007

double damn and say that again!

And just when I kind of re adjusted my attitude, tried to bring some perspective to things, this oh so foul blow.Damn, damn, double damn.....

I'm in the UAE as I write this, in the desert city of Dubai. I've always liked being here, its been pleasant; till now. This time around, for the first time I find myself alone, and its not a nice feeling at all......

A little bit of shitty news on top of that - hence the double damn - has not been welcome, given the larger picture. Naff said.

I am on the road, finally. A long trip ahead of me, 41 days, ten countries in all.... I am looking forward to the challenge, for I am in my element in such an environment.

So, over the next few weeks, I will be living out of a suitcase, trying to keep my wits about me as I walk in my favourite continent. I like Africa, I like the smell, the hues, the people - for at their best, they are a happy go lucky people, with big smiles, with huge hearts.

Lots of pic opps I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment